5.01.2009

Missing Frying Pan

I walked into the kitchen, my stomache grumbling as I pushed the heavy door open. I wasn't even sure what I was going to make but from the sound my stomach just made it had to be soon. Opening the fridge I noticed some chicken breasts that I could fry up and there were some veggies that I could use as well. I pulled everything that I needed out of the fridge and set it on the counter as I glanced over looking for my frying pan. But where was it?

The last time I used the frying pan I had washed it up and put it with my other drying dishes near the sink. Unfortunately, all I saw over there was a plate, two glasses, and my silverware. I opened the cubbard and only saw my food. I opened the shelves and found a few pots staring back at me. But where in the hell did my one and only frying pan go?

After about 20 minutes of looking in every shelf and cubbard I opted for a little juice break. I took a glass from the counter and when I opened the fridge I found it. My frying pan was sitting on the second shelf, my roommates shelf. And what the hell? Has this kid ever heard of a bowl? Inside my frying pan was a combination of lettuce, tomatoes, and croutons...why was a salad in my frying pan when there were so many clean bowls on the counter?

Still slightly confused I took my pan out of the fridge and dumped the contents into a bowl. I then went to my room and wrote a nice note and put it on the bowl, cleaned off my pan, and made my food.

'Dear roommate,
The frying pan is for frying.
Salads go in bowls.'

0 comments: