4.20.2009

The Red Light District

A few weeks ago I went on a weekend trip to Amsterdam. One of my favorite tour companies offered an evening tour through the Red Light District and I was quick to sign up. The Red Light District not only has the hookers standing in the windows and the 'special' cafes but it littered with tiny theaters that offer live sex shows.

One of the girls on the tour was telling me about one of the places she had been to before she came to Amsterdam when we passed one of the sex theaters and noticed a man standing in front of it, trying to entice people to come inside.

'NAKED MAN, NAKED WOMAN, NAKED DOG!'

I had to stop for a minute to make sure I heard that correctly. And sure enough the man repeated it.

'NAKED MAN, NAKED WOMAN, NAKED DOG!'

I turned back to my friends and couldn't stop giggling. If I wasn't on a paid tour I probably would have paid money to go into the theater to see this 'naked' dog. Was it wearing a sweater and does a little strip tease? Does the naked man or woman shave the dog? To this day I'm still curious about this naked dog.

0 comments: