11.10.2009

I Almost Killed a Man Today

My goal at work yesterday was to dress all the mannequins in the store. I hate dressing the ones on the shelves, but that’s because my lazy ass hates climbing up and down a ladder with the crotch of a male bust form in my face. Then having to do it all over again when I put them back on the shelf. So the game plan was to get all the self mannequins dressed since I despise them so.

As I reached to pull one of the mannequins down, the shelf wobbled. I paused, frozen, mannequin awkwardly steadying between the shelf and my boobs (the other shelf). When everything seemed fine I pulled on the mannequin a little more, took one step down from the ladder, when the other mannequin made a prison break and jumped off the shelf. I quickly dropped the mannequin I was holding, the shelf went tumbling down, and the other mannequin landed about two inches from where the cute guy shopping was standing.

When everything settled, the cute guy turned, smiled, and asked if it was his fault. I should have said yes. At least all he did was laugh it all off and help me pick things up. After I tried to kill him, accidentally.

0 comments: