3.19.2009

My Cinderella Story

It was Christmas Eve and things with my family were starting to wind down. We said our good byes and I stood in the small hallway by the front door looking for my shoes. My cute, little black ballet slippers that go with just about everything. I found the left shoe....but rightie was no where to be found.

A massive search was conducted but unfortunately it seemed with the death of my red chucks, rightie decided to hit the road for greener pastures. I know that life was better with my red chucks so I completely understand righties decision. But it came at a rather inconvenient time. I know this sounds really weird but I do like to wear both shoes when I'm going somewhere...even if it is the 3 second elevator ride. The funny part of the whole ordeal was being asked about 5 different times by 5 different German relatives if I came down wearing both shoes. And if you're wondering, yes I had both shoes in the beginning...

So my life has finally become the fairy tale I always dreamed about. I as Cinderella lost my shoe and now all I had to do was kick back, relax, and wait on Prince Charming to bring me my missing shoe.

A few days went by and nothing. My aunt even searched her apartment (even though the shoe went missing in my Omas place) but came up empty. So she decided to take me shoe shopping for new shoes. Since they were just black ballet slippers they weren't too hard to replace...I actually find some cute ones with glitter (it doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy).

Two hours and 10 Euros later my Prince Charming showed up. Unfortunately, Prince Charming turned to be my 81 year old Oma carrying the missing shoe.
Not the fairy tale I had in mind...

0 comments: